This might be common sense for some, but given some of the feedback I've received, these steps are not common practice for all.
Follow these instructions and best practices to avoid viruses and or other complications from effecting your Samsung Code:
- Always download CAB files directly to your computer. Downloading direct to your PC is much quicker then downloading directly to your Samsung Code, plus it will allow you to take the next critical step.
- Store all of your CAB files in a dedicated folder either on your computer or Samsung Code. Put them in a convenient place in the event you need to reinstall one of your favorite applications or if you have outgrown your memory card and need to a master reinstall of all of your favorite programs.
- Conduct a full virus scan on any CAB file you've downloaded before putting it on your Samsung Code. Most anti-virus programs allow you to scan individual files. It is highly recommended that you do a scan everything (regardless if it from a "trusted source" or not) you intend to put on your Samsung Code before actually installing it.
- Test new applications on your storage card before taking anything "live" on your phone. Experimenting with issues like compatibility and functionality are best left for the "dress rehearsal" (Storage Card) and not the "live performance" (your phone's memory).
- Run all new applications on your storage card instead of your phone's memory. The Samsung Code on board memory isn't sufficient enough to allow for the installation of endless applications, but with a SD card, you are limited only by the storage space of the card you purchased.
- Reboot your Samsung Code after you install a new application.
- When in doubt don't "just do it", ask first. I invest a lot of time in "R&D" before I install anything on my phone. Any application recommendations that are published on this blog have been thoroughly tested. If you don't know something, ask me or someone else before "taking the plunge". If I don't know the answer, I will find someone that does.
Do you want to see more tips like this one? Check out the m.Tip Library to find all the m.Tips in one convenient place.