Sunday, January 24, 2010

TimeSaver's Tip: When Being A Zero Can Help You When Calling Internationally

As a result of living and working both in Southeast Asia and Northern Europe, I have a lot of "connections" around the world that I want to stay in touch with.

I was an early adopter of Skype and that was my de facto method of staying in touch with my vendors, colleagues and friends.

I nearly leaked myself when Metro PCS came out with their 5/Month Unlimited International Program plan option and I could call my "connections" anytime I wanted, for as long as I wanted, without being bound to my laptop or PC.

For those that also have the plan extension, you know that dialing "011" can be replaced with "+" character, but do you add "+" sign by using Fn + Y keys?

If you do, you are really going to appreciate this timesaver.

From anywhere on the home screen (you can be in the dialer too), press and hold the 0 key for 3 seconds. First the dialer will open and a 0 will appear, but before the end of the 3 seconds, the 0 will covert to a + sign.

________________________________________________
If you liked this Timesaver, check out the rest at the Timesaver’s Almanac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

can you hear me now?

Followers