Tuesday, November 24, 2009

When Best Buy Is Just The Best Buy

I've made a habit of shopping at Best Buy for my electronics.

Sure, I could go to Walmart and get it on the cheap, but I'm willing to pay a little more to speak to someone that actually knows something about what I want to buy (call me old fashioned I guess).

That has been my experience to date with Best Buy, until it came to researching Metro PCS.

I went in about two weeks ago, believing the (Metro PCS) hype and itching to pull the trigger.

So when I was approached by one of the girls in the phone section I asked, "I'm thinking about going with Metro PCS, what do you know and what have you heard about the service?", and what I heard gave me a moment for pause (actually a week of it).

I was told, "the service isn't that good outside the city, that's why it is called 'Metro' PCS---it works good in the metro (city) you know".

"But I don't live in the city, I live in the next town over", I said. "Oh forget it then, I wouldn't go with them (Metro PCS)" she said.

So that money that was burning in a hole in my pocket, continued to burn in my pocket for another week.

The following weekend, I threw caution to the wind and bought the Samsung Code with Metro PCS from the same un-approving sales-girlie and the rest as they say, is history.

The moral of the story, you ask?

The only thing that Best Buy turned out to be good for in this instance, was the best buy (honestly, I'll give them props where it is due---the price at Best Buy was better then the Metro PCS corporate store and the price advertised on their website).

No comments:

Post a Comment

can you hear me now?

Followers